Miracle Hill exists that homeless children and adults receive food and shelter with compassion, hear the Good News of Jesus Christ, and move toward healthy relationships and stability.
– Their Vision –
That each South Carolina Upstate county has adequate and accessible resources for homeless children, women, and men. Compassionate services point individuals to Christ and move them toward wholeness, stability, and healthy relationships.
– Who They Are –
- Miracle Hill is a leader in providing transformative care for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those we serve.
- Founded in 1937, we are a non-profit organization in the Upstate of South Carolina dedicated to providing extensive services to individuals and families in the form of food, shelter, clothing, counseling, personal development, addiction recovery support, and residential and foster care for children.
- With the help of generous donors and volunteers, we have become the largest and most comprehensive provider of shelter and food to homeless children and adults in Upstate South Carolina – with nine facility locations and transitional housing throughout Greenville, Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Pickens counties.
- Miracle Hill plays a leadership and facilitative role in the community by partnering with other local service organizations to provide for the diverse needs of the homeless population.
– What They Do –
- Serves thousands of meals to those living in our shelters.
- Provides safe, warm shelter for nearly 3000 homeless and hurting children, women and men each year.
- Serves homeless children through our Miracle Hill Boys’ Shelter, Homes for Life shelter for at-risk young men, the Miracle Hill Children’s Home, and our foster care recruitment and placement program.
- Offers four emergency homeless shelters – Shepherd’s Gate and three Rescue Missions located in Greenville, Spartanburg and Cherokee counties.
- Leads two recovery programs for those facing life-dominating addictions (Overcomers for men and Renewal for women) and transitional housing for program graduates.
- Operates eight thrift stores and an auto sales operation where your donations and purchases equal shelter, food, and miracles for the homeless.
- Employs trained staff who provide case management, personal and group counseling, daily devotions and educational opportunities for those in our care.
- Relies on thousands of committed volunteers to provide the necessary manpower to help the ministry accomplish its mission.